As I mentioned in the lazy susan decoupage tutorial, the main piece of furntiure I want to decoupage with old music sheets is the bookshelf. I started on it today (yay!), but boy is a WAY bigger job then I anticipated! I’ve spent the morning doing the shelves, and the back of the top half of the bookself itself, and I’m pooped!
I think I’ll have another go at some more this afternoon, after I’ve got my chores done. Here are some before and… in the middle shots!
The bookshelf before any decoupage.
As you can see, the bookshelf does NOT fit in with the new furniture!
Mod Podging the bookshelf (definitely an outside job).
Tip: Don’t just line the music sheets up with the edges. Try to make them overlap. This will make it ‘flow’ more, and make the edges less obvious.
Tip: Don’t decoupage the sides of the shelves that will sit in the bookshelf. This will add extra width to the shelves and they may not fit. What I’ve done here is just glue out to the edge. Then with a craft knife, I just slice off the extra (as seen in the second shelf from the right).